Ozone is a gas that was discovered in the 19th century. This molecule consists of 2 atoms of oxygen, making it a highly unstable molecule. Medicinal use of ozone began occurring around 150 years ago. The gas produced in treatment is never offered as an inhalant but can be used to treat a wide array of conditions, from wound treatment to HIV care. Those who are interested in Ozone Therapy in Los Angeles CA need to read further so they can learn as much as possible.
Why Are Ozone Treatments Needed?
Ozone therapy can be used to improve the body’s use of oxygen and the function of the immune system. This treatment was used in the First World War to promote wound healing and it showed excellent results. Ozone therapy has also been used for the following.
- Circulatory disorders
- Wound treatment
- Macular degeneration
- Viral diseases
- Geriatric disorders
There are many ways this gas can be used to improve a person’s health and treat various diseases and conditions of the body. When seeking this treatment, it is imperative individuals carefully research and learn as much as they can. Talking with their doctor can help a person to discover if they are a good candidate for this type of therapy.
Types of Ozone Treatments
Although ozone is a gas, it can be used in many different ways so all types of conditions can be treated. Over the years, research has allowed medical scientists to discover a wide range of treatment options and modalities. Breakthroughs in discovery have led to the following types of ozone treatment.
- Water can be ozonated and drunk for health benefits.
- Ozone injections are often used as a part of integral dental care.
- Blood can be withdrawn from the patient and ozonated. Once the blood is treated, it is given back to the patient.
- Individuals can soak in ozonated saunas or hot baths.
- This gas has been blown into the rectum but is still considered a risky procedure.
- Oils and skin creams can be ozonated to apply a topical treatment to a wide array of conditions.
Those who are interested in this type of treatment should call the office today to schedule an appointment. Ozone treatment offers a vast array of options and can be used to treat many conditions that do not respond to traditional treatment. With this therapy, wound healing is much more efficient and beneficial.